Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Introduce Yourself/ Line-Up Songs

Introduce Yourself!

Here are a couple of songs/chants Dr. H. blogged for introducing the class and a few line-up songs I have found:
Jump in, jump out, Introduce Yourself!
My name is: __________
Class: YEAH!
I have _______________(descriptor #1)
Class: YEAH!
And I ___________ (descriptor #2)
Class: YEAH!
All: Alright, Alright, Alright, Alright!

Strawberry Shortcake, Huckleberry Finn
When I say your Birth-month, Jump In!
January, (pause), February (pause), March (pause), etc.

Horses have a muzzle, pigs have a snout,
When I say your Birth-month, Jump Out!
December (pause), November (pause), October, (pause), etc.

Good morning, Friends,
Hello, and how are you?
We're fine, We're fine,
And I hope that you are too!

My name is _________, what's your name?
My name is ___________,
Class: Hello ___________!
His/Her name is ________, what's your name?
(Repeat for entire class)

Lining Up Songs:

(Chant “Cadence Style”)

Lining up is easy to do. (Children repeat)
When you take care of only you. (Children repeat)
Feet together, hands by your side. (Children repeat)
We’ve got spirit, we’ve got pride! (Children repeat)
Sound off! (Children repeat)
1, 2. (Children repeat)
3, 4. (Children repeat)
Bring it on down. (Children repeat)
1, 2, 3, 4. (Children repeat)
Out the door! (Children repeat)

*****

Line Up Chant

1, 2 Listen and do
3, 4 Face the door
5, 6 Fingers on lips
7, 8 Line up straight
9, 10 Let's begin.

*****

Tune: Doo Wah Ditty

Here we go just a walking down the hall
Singing doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do
We're so quiet when we're walking down the hall
Singing doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do
We LOOK GOOD (look good)
LOOK FINE (look fine)
See us walking in a line
Singing doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do,
doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do!

*****

Tune: Gilligan's Island

My hands are tight behind my back
I am standing very tall
I am quietly looking straight ahead
I am ready for the hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment